Dump Truck Driver at Staker & Parson Companies
Posted in Drivers 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. George, Utah
Job ID: 126744
Western Rock Products, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of dump trucks, end dumps and or belly dumps (with and without pups (trailers) and tarping systems). Drivers will deliver all types of aggregates, asphalt, and other materials to locations both residential and commercial.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or belly dumps (with and without pups) and related equipment to be operated.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Ability for maneuvering and backing with pup trailer.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Connect and disconnect pup trailer.
- Doubles/triples a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, License, Registrations
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A with appropriate endorsements.
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Incident free driving record preferred
- May be subject drug and alcohol, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
- Basic math
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Western Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Western Rock Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.