Business Support Accountant at Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Babbitt, Minnesota
POSITION: BUSINESS MANAGER – MINE (SALARIED EXEMPT)
LOCATION: NORTHSHORE MINING – BABBITT
Supports department managers of the mine, railroad, and tailings basin by providing assistance with budgeting and forecasting, capital procurement, cost management, cost of quality, financial planning and organizational support. Works in collaborative manner with existing financial accounting systems and personnel to insure accurate and timely dissemination of critical cost information.
- Coordinates the development of budget data and prepares detail support for line items.
- Develops and reviews preliminary/historical comparison reports, develops forecast models and maintains current estimate data.
- Presents departmental budget data with historical comparisons to Senior Mine Management.
- Develops models to forecast departmental estimates for production statistics, spending, rates and usage.
- Prepares month-end analysis comparing actual statistical and cost performance to budget. Reviews significant variances from budget with Area and Section Managers.
- Provides financial analysis support to departmental managers for identification of potential savings.
- Provides status of project reports to the Control Department detailing commitments and actual spending.
- Coordinates Cost review meetings as necessary and presents reports for review. Follows up on any significant business issues arising out of the cost review process.
- Interact with purchasing and financial departments to insure compliance with all applicable alliance agreements and/or financial control procedures.
- Maintain adequate internal control procedures to insure the integrity of department assets and insures compliance with all policies and procedures related to the business function of the department.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related business degree.
- Minimum of two years mining, industrial, or manufacturing experience preferably in a professional position.
- Have a thorough understanding of accounting principles and analytical skills.
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Excel. Must be able to prepare own written reports and present to Senior Mine Management.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to perform public speaking duties.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, honesty, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style of solving problems.
Please note that all applicants must meet the physical requirements of the position by the close of the posting period.
Cleveland Cliffs Employees -
Apply by forwarding a resume to your local Human Resources Department. The local HR offices will forward candidate resumes to the Northshore Mining HR Department, Attn: Martha Schlangen. Please reference the Business Manager - Mine position when applying.
See Job Description