Buyer I at BELIMO Aircontrols USA, Inc.
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Belimo is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of actuator solutions for controlling heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Actuators, control valves and sensors make up the company's core business.
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and key production components from vendors. The Buyer is assigned specific inventory items and vendors as needed for production in two USA plants and is required to have inventory on hand at all times in order to satisfy production demands.
COMPANY'S MISSION AND VALUES
The objectives of this position are fully integrated to the objectives of the Company’s Mission and Values. It is the responsibility of all employees to perform their duties in accordance with Company Policy.
The Buyer reports to the Manager, Purchasing Americas and is part of Production Americas and working closely with other departments including Product Management, Engineering, Production, and Customer Service.
- Places, tracks and expedites orders with suppliers worldwide.
- Monitors stock levels in SAP on a daily basis to satisfy production demand.
- Pro-actively expedite orders to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain personal contacts and partnerships with suppliers.
- Assists purchasing and other departments to locate new suppliers and obtain quotes on materials.
- Assists Sr. Buyers and Purchasing Manager in resolving quality issues.
- Assists Sr. Buyers and Purchasing Manager in implementation of Contract and Supplier agreements according to principle guidelines in SRM.
- Assists Sr. Buyers and Purchasing Manager in implementation of short and long term market trends for responsible commodities.
- Works with Warehouse staff to resolve goods receipt issues.
- Evaluates purchasing master data in SAP.
- Works with product management and engineering to implement, cost, quality, and delivery strategies.
- Work closely with accounting to resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
- Must have 4+ years purchasing experience.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft programs and ERP-System. SAP a plus.
- Experience working according to ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Must have good communication skills, written and verbal
We offer competitive salary & an excellent benefits package including performance bonus & an outstanding 401K Plan. Belimo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.