Class A CDL Driver - Grand Prairie, TX at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Job ID: 129593
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are in need of a reliable Class A CDL driver to make deliveries from our Grand Prairie, TX location to local and out-of-state customers. This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products with company assigned vehicles; either tractor trailers or straight trucks, with the possibility of layovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Promote safety by inspecting delivery sites to ensure there is safe environment to unload by following best practices for safety
- Loading and unloading loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated boxed glass by hand, with boom cranes, and truck-mounted forklifts
- Verify product quantities before and during delivery
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing thorough daily pre and post trip inspections
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Electronically log hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Comply with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Occasionally help the shipping department load trucks
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
To be considered for a position that requires driving company owned or leased vehicles as a regular part of his/ her job duties, the following conditions must be met:
- At least 21 years old
- Possess a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free class A driving experience
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in, or on, the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records
- By reason of experience, training, or both, safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of handheld scanners and electronic logging devices
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated in the company standards document
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. by carrying, pushing, and/or pulling
Tractor/trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tie down devices, tape measure, electronic logs and handheld scanners
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.