Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mebane, North Carolina
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
**Experience with plastic injection molding is required**
Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/molding processes. Monitors the assembly/molding process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- May lead the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality
- May lead the process control and maintain appropriate documentation
- Monitor the assembly/molding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Establish detailed processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
- Debug significant complex problems in new systems, tooling and automation
- Design major experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up
- Lead and implement major maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
- Provide functional and technical mentoring to process technicians and other process engineers
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s or equivalent
- 6+ Years of experience
- Or Masters Degree with 4-6 years of experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
-This is a very hands-on/technical role
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.