Engineering Program Manager at Flex
Posted in Management 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hollis, New Hampshire
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionFarm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people’s lives. At Farm, you’ll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world’s healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern, NH, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The Engineering Program Manager will be based in Hollis, New Hampshire. This position is responsible for engineering and program management activities. Plus, this role is directly involved with the product design, development, leadership of multidisciplinary teams, and interfacing with clients.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Manage and facilitate brainstorm sessions, concept and design reviews in conjunction with the technical and/or design leads.
- Plan, coordinate and lead teams on client programs. Participate in weekly resource allocation decisions.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring regarding all facets of product development and program management to team members.
- Author proposals, including project plans, schedules with appropriate milestones, and estimates for resources and material costs.
- Maintain the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that the content, quality, accuracy, and style of deliverables meet our clients’ requirements.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, biomedical, or plastics) from an accredited school; 10+ years of experience in product development, with 3+ years of project leadership / program management experience.
- A thorough understanding of the unique challenges of medical device development and experience managing product development programs from concept to manufacturing.
- Ability to architect electro-mechanical systems, manage interdisciplinary trade-offs to achieve overall product goals, and provide technical guidance to the development team.
- An in-depth knowledge of various manufacturing processes and techniques and experience in design for manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients and team members, including technical concepts, expectations and issue resolution
- Ability to support business development, author proposals, conduct presentations, and participate in meetings with prospective clients as the front-facing engineering representative in sales situations.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing product requirements and leading a team to develop feasible design alternatives, resolving design challenges, and producing high quality deliverables.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Strong computational and analytical math skills
- Robotics design and engineering
- Developing mechanical components (e.g., injection molded plastic, machined, cast, etc.)
- Product development firm or design consultancy experience
- Electro-mechanical systems experience
- Experience working with industrial designers and human factors engineers
- Familiarity with IEC-60601
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign & TechnologyFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.