Manufacturing Engineer at Hill-Rom
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Design, develop, integrate, test, evaluate or improve integrated systems or related processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase productivity and decrease costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
* Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes. Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
* Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
* Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
* Perform nonconforming material analysis and create NCM reports. Work with Quality Control on reducing the NCMRs.
* Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
* Program CNC Equipment for department
* Update documentation for job instructions, work instructions, and standard operating procedures.
* Ensure safety procedures are followed, work areas are clean and maintained, and the department is following regulatory compliance requirements.
* Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
* Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
* Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
* Supervise the work of technicians and other associates as needed.
* Guide technical staff engaged in developing materials for specific uses in projected products or devices.
QualificationsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required
* Over 2 years of job-related experience in manufacturing
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
* Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
* Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
* Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Proficient with Solid Edge or Solid Works CAD programs
* Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity