Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking a z/OS Database Administrator to support DISA at Hill AFB, UT
* Provide Database Administration technical and engineering support for z/OS operating systems and associated products at DISA Ogden. Provide technical support in large and complex IT systems implementation, multiple IT platforms, and the integration of diverse architectures. Provide technical support in systems integration. Plan, coordinate, and transition from one hardware subsystem or product to another. Understand customer applications interfaces with hardware and software. Be able to determine the impacts and risks to changes requested before change implementations are performed. Provide a general knowledge of software and hardware configuration and their functions. Coordinate planning and migration necessary to incorporate state of the art technologies, especially those available with z/OS or built on top of it. Provide inputs and support for the Monthly Status Report.
* Install required software/hardware products. Initiate calls to the vendor to ascertain proper prerequisite software levels, report problems, and proper follow-through procedures.
* Provide z/OS, CICS, CA Datacom, Supra, and DB2 system engineering technical support with emphasis in the z/OS mainframe operating environment, CICS, CA Datacom, Oracle, Supra, M/204 and DB2. Support the workings of installed software and firmware including system software, utilities, programming languages, compilers, interactive terminal software and transaction processing software, CICS, CA Datacom, and DB2. Plan, implement, and provide technical guidance for z/OS, CICS, CA Datacom, Supra and DB2 upgrades, product installation and maintenance. Provide customer support on questions and issues relating to the software maintained on systems for OS390/zOS, CICS, CA Datacom, Supra and DB2, to include, changes and upgrades.
* Provide technical and engineering support in the broad range of maintenance and utilization of environmental software with an emphasis on installed IBM z/OS Operating Systems, CICS, CA Datacom, Supra and DB2.
* Provide senior level support with JCL, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, IBM Utilities, JES, SMP/E, and disaster recovery.
* Work independently, conduct research, and transfer knowledge to other employees. Provide consulting and informal training on configuration and change management tools and process under the direction of the Change Manager.
Minimum 5 years experience
Must maintain 50 CEU in a 3 year period
SECRET clearance - final, interim not acceptable
Must be US citizen