SIte Surveyor at Tesla
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Norristown, Pennsylvania
The Site Surveyor will provide professional site surveying services to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the Tesla design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Primary external interface and communication will be with Tesla s potential customers.
* Be able to follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone application
* Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with customers during the initial face to face greeting and/or on the phone
* Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with a centralized scheduling team
* Conduct a physical site survey using a variety of company provided tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
* Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and a smart phone application
* Fill out, by hand, paper site surveying sheets needed by the Tesla Engineering Department to produce permit-ready documents
* Upload information to the Tesla project management system using a company provided laptop
* A minimum of one (1) year experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site surveying experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred; energy efficiency is preferred
* Must be able to lift 70lbs and maneuver a large ladder and other equipment as necessary.
* Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics). Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
* Ability to organize and maintain paper documents and electronic photos and files
* Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills are required in order to communicate with the customer and coworkers
* Excellent written communication skills are required in order to prepare hand written site surveying documents
* The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with or without the use of an electronic device
* Proficiency with smart phone applications and digital cameras
* Basic computer skills including the ability to copy files and communicate via email Apply
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.