Executive Assistant at MPR Associates
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
MPR is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position of Executive Assistant at our Alexandria, VA office. MPR is a multi-discipline, specialty engineering and consulting firm founded in 1964 and headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. MPR makes challenging projects successful, delivering safe and reliable technical solutions across the entire project or product life-cycle to benefit our clients and society as a whole. MPR provides high quality services to the Power (including Nuclear), Federal, Health & Life Science and Consumer Products industries.
MPR's highly motivated, talented, and innovative employees value interesting and challenging technical work as well as a desire for continuous learning. As MPR continues to grow, we seek individuals with an interest in expanding their technical, leadership, and business capabilities.
General Job Description
MPR s Executive Assistant provides administrative support to MPR s executive team. In addition to excellent administrative skills, this position provides strong elements of organization and judgment that complement the Executive Assistant role.
The individual will work primarily with the two Principal Officers in ways that best adapt to each one, and provide proactive support that anticipates needs and promotes successful outcomes. In general, the successful candidate will enable the Principal Officers to accomplish more as individuals and as an executive team. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
* Maintain a calendar for each Principal Officer, and proactively resolve time conflicts. Ensure that each Principal Officer knows his schedule and has the needed information in advance.
* Manage the Principal Officers meeting and travel arrangements, and proactively support their preparation including special accommodations, visas, agendas, contacts, country information, meeting materials, etc.
* Interact with company owners and Board of Directors, and prepare, distribute and maintain key materials for shareholder and Board meetings.
* Execute selected functions on behalf of the Principal Officers (e.g., sign checks, make wire transfers or approve expenses of Principal Officers subordinates up to authorized limits).
* Organize and manage list of contacts for Principal Officers, understand roles and priority of contacts, and track periodic communication with key contacts.
* Coordinate preparation and issuance of a senior management weekly and monthly report.
* Prepare communications (memos, letters, emails, presentations, etc.) for the Principal Officers, with input/direction ranging from highly specific to general guidance.
* File information related to the Principal Officers activities in an organized manner that facilitates quick access and recovery.
* Be a cordial and effective interface with customers and other external parties who interact with the Principal Officers.
* Interface with others in the organization to help them work most effectively with the Principal Officers (note: not a strict gatekeeper ).
* Organize social functions on behalf of the Principal Officers.
* Maintain and reconcile petty cash transactions.
* Work closely with the Financial Director to coordinate bi-annual financials (accounts receivable and accounts payable notes).
* Prepare and complete expense reports.
* Bachelor s degree in business or related field preferred. Candidates without a degree will be considered if they demonstrate that their experience and developed skills cover the required functions.
* 5 or more years of experience in a position(s) which has included Administrative Assistant support to others, including key managers or executives.
* Experience working in a professional services firm preferred.
Skills - Personal
* Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability and motivation to identify areas where they can be of assistance and where process improvements can be made.
* Ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and written) in a courteous and professional manner.
* Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working independently with minimum supervision.
* Demonstrate capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Handle and maintain confidential materials and information.
* Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple levels of management, government customers, and suppliers.
* Possess a questioning attitude and the ability to accept that quality in others.
* Solid proofreading skills.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other classification as required by applicable law.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.