Engineer, Senior Cloud Systems at Constellation Brands
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canandaigua, New York
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for research, architecture, design, installation, integrations and support of a wide variety of technologies at Constellations Brands. Designs and implements high performing services to meet customer functions and costs requirements. Participate in or lead new projects installs and integrations with cloud provider. Document and drive best practice throughout our technology stack. Solve complex problems with given limitations or process and technologies.
Cloud system Engineer must be self-starting highly motivational and an independent thinker. Establish Constellations vision to achieve a greater cloud presence across multiple cloud providers.
- Design and implement infrastructure, processes, and automation for global complex environments
- Gather requirements, provide design, and implement solutions that align with the defined roadmap
- Document designs, processes, projects, tools, standards and techniques
- Document processes, installation procedures, and issue / resolution procedures
- Seek inefficient processes and orchestrate/automate.
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure service in AWS to deliver highly scalable services
- Manage Amazon server/storage deployments including release process and image management
- Data lifecycle management process by leveraging cloud backup and archiving technologies
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on trends and make recommendations understanding long term fiscal impacts
- Research technology to broaden knowledge of current and future issues and technologies.
- Train and develop junior team members in technical areas
- 7 plus years in complex systems design and implementations with cloud providers
- Experience with migrating key applications to cloud providers
- Experience with private and public cloud design and deployment and management
- Proficiency in automation/orchestration/continuous integration (DevOps)
- Proficiency in cloud management solutions (Ansible, Cloud Forms)
- Proficiency in AWS design and implementations
- Proficiency with Open Source technologies and methodologies
- Experience with cloud role-based access controls.
- Knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of major cloud providers.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Must be willing to work on-call and weekends as needed.
- Some commercial travel required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment where change is the norm.
- Must be able to learn new computing technologies quickly.
- Ability to perform risk assessments
- Must work effectively with a team and be self-directed.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and Oracle or willingness to learn
- Planning & Organizing
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Building Productive Working Relationships
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Communication and Collaboration
- High Degree of Initiative thinking and problem solving
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
LocationCanandaigua, New York
Additional LocationsChicago, Illinois, Napa, California, San Antonio, Texas, San Francisco, California
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInformation Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).