Radiology Transporter at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Job Code: 00310-39013
Mixed (rotating weekends)
* Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center is looking for a customer service oriented individual for to help support their Imaging Department!
This position requires flexibility in the work schedule. May be required to work rotating shifts with some weekend/holiday shifts.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
This role is responsible for performing a variety of non-technical, clinical and clerical duties of patient care through transporting patients to and from the Imaging Department as well as demonstrating proficiency as a clerical staff in the Medical Imaging (Radiology) Department.
* This position will independently transport patients for the Medical Imaging Department using the proper equipment and procedures to and from all nursing floors and Emergency Room.
* Monitor IVs, pumps, and oxygen while in transit and maintain a smooth, safe and accident free patient transport.
* Must demonstrate empathy for patients and be able to communicate with tact and understanding while addressing questions and concerns.
* Determine the needs of patients, patient s families and visitors while maintaining a warm, sensitive and cooperative relationship with those individuals.
* Establish good rapport with patients, visitors, physicians and their office staff while promoting a positive hospital image and creating a favorable first impression.
* Direct patient flow in a smooth, systematic, continuous and timely manner to ensure quality patient care is always provided in an efficient manner.
* Possess a knowledge of various diagnostic modalities within the department and the important roll each play in the continuation of care for the patient.
* Maintain equipment, which includes oxygen tanks, wheelchairs and stretchers, to ensure proper working conditions and cleanliness.
* Restock department patient areas with clean linens, supplies and equipment, as well as empty linen and trash containers on a routine basis.
* Assist in room turnover and cleaning after each patient.
* Perform a variety of clerical duties that requires the use of computers, department specific software and PACS.
* Cross-train to clerical area and demonstrate proficiency of all File-Room and Front Desk job duties and tasks.
* Prioritize, plan and organize assignments as assigned, and complete those tasks on time with minimal supervision.
* Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette and department greetings.
* Maintain and sustain professional ethics and promote patient s bill of rights.
* Ensure growth and personal development.
* Assure effective communication with all hospital staff, patients and families by providing and maintaining open lines of communication.
* Adhere to hospital/department policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates compliance with the Code of Conduct Ethics.
* CPR for Healthcare Providers Certification through American Heart Association Required (may be attained upon hire)
* Must possess general clerical skills
* Must have sensitivity, maturity, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
* Must have knowledge of hospital and department policies and procedures.
* CNA Certification is preferred
* Medical terminology and/or medical-related training preferred
* Experience in medical environment with patient interactions, body mechanics and general office skills preferred.
Last Edited: 03/06/2018