Warehouse Supervisor at G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
To serve our internal customers by ensuring that all products are safely and accurately loaded by training, developing and managing our employees according to established company standards in order to maximize company sales profits.
• Manages, trains and develops employees to ensure that they are performing job duties in accordance with established standards.
• Ensures that company policies, standards and procedures are met, followed and maintained in accordance with established company policy (e.g. OSHA and safety compliance, Federal/State/Local Laws).
• Oversees daily operation of loading process; ensures that all products are stocked, rotated and loaded accurately and all paperwork is completed according to established company policy.
• Reviews all departmental activity daily to prioritize tasks for work group and makes job assignments to maximize efficiency in loading and restocking process; troubleshoots problems that could result in loading problems or errors.
• Communicates with co-workers, customers and other employees verbally and in writing regarding the status of loading process, deliveries and shipments, departmental activities, operational feedback and other information.
• Completes, reviews and maintains productivity and activity reports, inventory status reports, accuracy reports, load requests, product invoices and other paperwork according to established company policy; reviews and approves time-off requests and time cards.
• Maintains confidentiality of financial information, employee information (e.g. discipline and wage information), building security codes and other sensitive and confidential information.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
• Receives in-coming deliveries (e.g. raw materials, UPS and Fed Ex packages); documents all received items and processes paperwork according to established company standards.
Education: Associate’s degree in logistics, operations management, business management or related field or equivalent work experience required; bachelor’s degree in operations management, logistics, business management or related field strongly preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of previous warehouse, loading or inventory control experience. 1-3 years of previous supervisory experience.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of: beverage industry; general warehousing, inventory control and loading processes; Microsoft Office Suite. Skill in: internal and external customer service; training and coaching; Ability to: train, develop, lead and manage a team; work quickly, efficiently and independently; multi-task; communicate effectively with other employees and develop good working relationships; adapt to change; operate a computer, copier, two way radio; delegate; problem solve; make suggestions to improve processes; resolve conflict Other functions, skills and abilities may also apply.