Utility Worker - Water Utility at Missouri American Water
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mexico, Missouri
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The Utility role involves field customer service activities as well as the operation and maintenance activities of water treatment and distribution facilities owned by Missouri American Water Company.
- Meter reading activities
- Customer Service work to include, work in metering pits, reading meters, changing meters, shutting service off with the metering pit, and other assigned tasks.
- Coordinating construction/maintenance activities in the distribution system, including reading maps, identifying and/or operating valve/hydrants. Record activities/location of assets for updating in asset system.
- Locate distribution facilities and mark said facilities.
- Janitorial duties as assigned.
- Cleaning of basins, troughs via fire hose.
- Fill in for Plant Operator as needed, to include those duties associated with the Plant Operator.
- Lifting necessary equipment, materials, up to 75 lbs.
- Operating Company owned vehicles and obey all traffic laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum High School diploma
Valid Missouri state driver’s license
MO DNR Operating License, Class B and/or Distribution License, Class III Preferred
At American Water, our people are our most valuable asset. When you become part of the American Water team, you enjoy many benefits including: A values-based culture with a vision linked to our purpose. A competitive pay package with pay-for-performance opportunities. Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, vision and disability insurance coverage. Flexible spending accounts for health care, child care and elder care. Employee assistance program (EAP). Options to assist employees in saving for retirement (i.e., 401K). Life insurance. Holidays, floating holidays and vacation time. Paid sick time. Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Employee discount program. Tuition reimbursement. Training and professional development opportunities. Advancement opportunities. Volunteer opportunities. Support for causes and community organizations you care about with matching gifts from our corporate foundation.