Clinical Manager Home Health - FT - Home Health Administration - INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center at Integris
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Clinical Manager Home Health - Full Time - Variable hrs - Home Health Administration - INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Job Code: 1899
The Clinical Manager directs the coordination of home health care for a defined geographical region assuring patient needs are met by scheduling, supervising, directing and evaluating a mixed discipline home health staff. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home care needs.
*Coordinates communication and patient care among physicians, nursing staff and other health care professionals to assure quality care is delivered. Assigns appropriate clinicians to case.
* Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, conferences, record review, discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services, and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
* Reviews all OASIS assessments within 72 hours of assessment to ensure appropriateness, completeness, and compliance with federal and state regulations and organization policy.
* Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
* Conducts case conferences to facilitate coordination of care.
* Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Director of Clinical Services and appropriate organization personnel.
* Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new organization personnel and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
Assists in the orientation of new organization personnel.
*Participates in Quality Improvement activities relevant to the safe and efficient delivery of home health services to patients and assures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for staff orientation and development; acts as an instructor when appropriate.
* May be assigned to manage the Weekend Care Team.
Reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Graduation from an approved school of nursing or allied health.
* Current Oklahoma licensure in area of clinical expertise required.
* 3 years of clinical experience with 1 of the 3 years having been in home health patient care AND
* Masters degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered with 1 year of administrative and/or supervisory experience
* Current BLS certification or completion within 30 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)