Senior Accountant at Black Creek Group
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the job
The Sr. Accountant will assist with general accounting functions for joint-venture and development projects, including the preparation of reconciliations, period closes, and general ledger maintenance. This position will assist with reviewing monthly and quarterly reporting, as well as cash management.
- Ongoing maintenance of development and joint-venture accounting
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures, including account reconciliations, account analysis, and other supporting schedules to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Prepare journal entries and bank reconciliations, as needed
- Cash management activities for joint-venture and developments
- Assist with monthly and quarterly joint-venture and development reporting
- Provide support to external auditors during reviews and audits
- Participate in budget and forecasting activities
- Other ad hoc reporting and projects as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years experience.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and prior experience with applying GAAP required.
- Prior real estate experience and experience in Yardi accounting system preferred.
- Proven ability to be a good listener, proactive, collaborative problem-solver, self-motivated, team-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on multiple projects at once and operate effectively in a very fast paced environment required.
- Ability to be flexible, detail-oriented and have good organizational skills, as well as the ability to constantly change priorities required.