Vice President, External Wholesaler at Black Creek Group
Posted in Management 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Vice President, External Wholesaler (NYC Metro Area)
About the job:
Position will provide field sales coverage within a specified territory to various financial intermediaries with an exclusive emphasis on the national wirehouses and regional broker-dealers. The position will represent Black Creek Group in this territory promoting our unique private, direct commercial real estate offerings and any other products where Black Creek Group distribution capabilities are embedded.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop new and build upon existing relationships within the territory. The strategy includes developing a firm/branch rotation, implementing business plans around focus firms and identifying business opportunities, a proactive call rotation, face-to-face meetings and consultative approach providing value-added services
- Work in conjunction with the National Sales Manager, national accounts team and internal wholesalers to develop a plan to generate greater sales, higher asset levels and improved client service
- Thoroughly understand and communicate Black Creek Group’s investment philosophy, process, objectives and positioning
- Develop and implement marketing plans for assigned clients. Work closely with marketing team on the development and implementation of these plans
- Assist in timely dissemination of sales information. Identify and establish lists of key influencers, gatekeepers and producers
- Strive to become a knowledgeable source of information and insights about the commercial real estate market and industry
- Adhere to all compliance guidelines including use of pre-approved marketing materials, prospectus requirements and proper licensing
- Fulfills in a timely manner required administrative/team responsibilities such as Salesforce CRM data, call reporting, expense reports, conference calls and meetings
- Analyze sales data to provide reports, access profitability, identify trends and make recommendations
- Manage annual T&E budget
- Conduct client seminars and events
- At all times, conduct daily activities in the highest professional manner
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Position typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years real estate, mutual fund or SMA wholesaling experience required.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses required.
- Proven results and demonstrated sustainable achievement in a financial sales environment required.
- Ability to demonstrate industry and product knowledge by understanding the competition, the client and marketplace required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal colleagues and external partners required.
- Demonstrated ability to be articulate, very flexible, polished and comfortable in fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time is required.