Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Position Overview:Perform all collection activities for customer accounts assigned by channel types in accordance with the company's credit policy and practices in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and their prompt conversion to cash. Achieve and maintain corporate targets for DSO, Currency, and bad debt.
Function Specific Activities:
• Responsibility for applying Company's credit and collection policies, practices and procedures to the requirements of accounts assigned.
• Analyze risk exposure based upon customer payment patterns, credit sources and by performing financial analysis.
• Review accounts to identify past due customers and to determine proper course of action.
• Plans and maintains a program for the systematic follow up and collection of amounts due.
• Communicate with customers for up to date payments. Work with management to establish and monitor credit for marginal risk accounts.
• Contacts appropriate customers, in writing or in person when necessary, to correct, prevent or minimize delinquency.
• Monitors credit limit compliance; takes appropriate action when limits are exceeded; recommends credit limit changes.
• Build strong relationships within customer hierarchy to help resolve complex issues
• Takes appropriate action on collection irregularities, adjustments and customer complaints as deemed necessary.
• Obtains approval from Credit Manager or his/her designee for conversion of charge accounts to a cash status (COD), on the acceptance of notes, partial payment plans, time extensions, compromise settlements and the write-off of uncollectible accounts.
• Prepare presentations for customers to resolve collection issues.
• Request or approve reinstatement of credit privilege, when necessary.
• Prepare write-off, adjustments as needed.
• Prepare accounts for 3rd party collections.
• Provide management with status logs and reports as needed.
• Follow up on bill backs of short payments.
• Reconcile accounts balances as assigned.
• Recommend accounts which should be written off as bad debts and thoroughly document history.
• Maintain file of customer contacts, agreements and documentation.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in credit and collections.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills i.e. clear, concise, polite and unassuming
• Ability to analyze complex problems and identify solutions
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in fast paced environment
• Proficient in Software applications such as MS Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Consumer products industry, Bottling industry a plus.
• Commercial collections experience preferred
• Experience in online, open item accounts receivable system.
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.