Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) at Mayo Clinic
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Red Wing, Minnesota
Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
At Mayo Clinic Health System, you will experience:
- The Highest Quality Patient Care by placing the needs of the patient first. We will do everything in our power to help you deliver the world's finest care for our patients.
- Professional Growth and Unlimited Career Opportunities. We invest in you. On-site education and in-service opportunities make it possible for you to meet re-licensure needs while expanding your professional knowledge and skills. Backed by Mayo's commitment to education and professional development, you will be empowered to pursue opportunities in management, education, process improvement, and research.
- Empowerment and Collaboration. Working in a team setting you will plan the anesthesia care with competence, compassion, and accountability. You will be empowered to make decisions not only in patient care but in numerous clinic teams where you will have the opportunity to broadly affect patient care, education and research. You'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect.
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits. Highlights include tuition reimbursement, a pension plan plus a 403(b) with employer match, generous CME and trip days, and interview reimbursement and relocation benefits
You are invited to be a part of the Mayo Clinic legacy where CRNA's are essential anesthesia care providers within our multidisciplinary integrated group practice. The CRNA role is deeply embedded in the Mayo Clinic practice with Mayo's nurse anesthesia program being the oldest continually operating program in the country.
As a CRNA at Mayo Clinic Health System, you will be a part of a world renowned surgical and procedural environment that presents opportunities that may rarely be experienced elsewhere. As our surgical and procedural practices grow, we invite you to join our diverse team as we provide health, hope, and healing to people from all walks of life.
As a CRNA at Mayo Clinic Health System, you will be responsible for administering general, regional anesthetics, and/or intravenous sedation to patient's during surgical or other medical and dental procedures.
View our video link below to learn more about our practice:
CRNAs administer anesthesia and anesthesia-related care as members of the anesthesia care team. They provide/perform pre-anesthetic evaluations; anesthesia induction, maintenance and emergence; post-anesthesia care and follow-up and perianesthesia support. Acts as a Surgical Process Improvement facilitator as needed. In addition, the CRNA may be required to function as a lead CRNA, i.e. coordinate breaks, act as a clinical resource for students and residents and assist senior residents with emergency case coverage.
This position requires a registered nurse who has completed a formal program in nurse anesthesia. The anesthetist must pass the national certifying examination for nurse anesthetists within six months of graduation. Within that six months, if the certifying exam is not passed, the candidate cannot be credentialed to practice.
- Preferred: 3 years CRNA & Regional anesthesia experience
- High level of creative problem solving and priority setting skills.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Position requires call and working weekends, overtime and holidays.
- A Doctoral (DNP, DNAP, DrAP, PhD) degree preferred.
License or certification
Minnesota RN License & current CRNA license.
American Association of Nurse Anesthetist (AANA) certification or Board eligible
National Board CRNA certification (NBCRNA)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
Credentialed by Allied Health Practitioner Credentialing Subcommittee. As of January 1, 2015 a current MN Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is based on a full-time position.
Rotating weekly call schedule and rotating site schedule between Red Wing and Cannon Falls. Typically post call days off
Rotating weekend call schedule with call coverage 0700 Friday-0700 Monday. 1:6-1:8 weekend rotation
Red Wing Minnesota, which is nestled among the bluffs, also known as the Banner County of Minnesota, is less than an hour from the St. Paul/Minneapolis metro area. Red Wing is known for its beautiful scenery and extraordinary history. The city's more than 16,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of healthy living activities all year round! If it's cultural and performing arts you enjoy, you'll relish in the best local, regional and national arts and entertainment! This city is truly symbolic of "Minnesota Nice!"
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).