Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Consultant at Boise State
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boise, Idaho
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/ .
The Idaho Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Boise State University is seeking two temporary, part-time PTAC Consultants to provide government contracting assistance to Idaho business in Northern and North Central Idaho as well as in the Eastern and Southeastern Idaho.
The PTAC Consultant will be responsible for providing counseling to all business in North and North Central Idaho who are interested in contracting with the federal, state, and local governments. They are required to conduct outreach to existing clients to determine effectiveness of services offered and to determine additional needs of the clients. They will conduct training seminars to further educate business on government contracting and new requirements. They will maintain good relations with local stakeholders and government agencies to foster a cooperative environment.
- Assist businesses with government contracting
- Research and develop materials and recommended course of action for businesses
- Meet with businesses to determine their needs, abilities, and government contracting readiness
- Provide advice and technical assistance as needed
- Assist businesses with registration in various databases and create company profiles
- Design and deliver training programs sponsored by the PTAC within the state
- Plan and market seminars and conference
- Participate in training events as an instructor or moderator as appropriate
- Make contact with potential sources of referrals and with prospective groups of clients at meetings and conferences
- Develop, coordinate and deliver training workshops and events that increase the knowledge of government contracting
- Prepare client success stories
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in government contracting
- Knowledge of government procurement process including federal, state and local policies
- Ability to manage client portfolio, strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, excel, powerpoint, client management system, email, webinar skills, etc
Salary and benefits: This is a part-time (less than 20 hours/week) non-benefit position. Salary range for this non-benefit position is $20.00-$24.00/hr, depending on experience.
Number of openings: 2
If you are interested in this position: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than June 30, 2018. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool.
About the Idaho Procurement Technical Center: The Idaho PTAC provides one-on-one professional consulting to help small business owners develop or expand their businesses through government contracting. We offer the tools, resources, expertise and peace of mind to help business owners and entrepreneurs feel confident as the enter the government contracting arena. The consulting services come at no-cost because this procurement technical assistance center is funded in part through a
cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.
Jeanne Clery Statement - The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. To read the Boise State University Safety Report go to http://security.boisestate.edu/annual-security-reports.
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. For more information please go to http://healthservices.boisestate.edu /smokefree/
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/ .