Pharmacy Tech II-Pharmacy Main at Maine Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
* Position Summary
* Pharmacy Technicians are essential members of the pharmacy team at Maine Medical Center, providing support for multiple facets of the pharmacy, including exceptional customer service. The Pharmacy Technician II is a proficient pharmacy technician who has at least six months of experience as a pharmacy technician/intern at Maine Medical Center or one year of experience as a pharmacy technician at an external pharmacy. A Pharmacy Technician I will automatically advance to a Pharmacy Technician II once all criteria are met. A Pharmacy Technician II assists the pharmacist by preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and pertinent patient records. Pharmacy Technician II also identify opportunities for improvement in work processes and actively contributes to the implementation of improvement efforts. Additionally, Pharmacy Technician II will perform other related and assigned duties.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* A minimum of six (6) months of experience (internal pharmacy department) or one (1) year of experience (external pharmacy department) in a pharmacy setting.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* High school diploma or GED certificate required.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* PTCB certificate is preferred.
* Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
* Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.