HVAC Technican at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
JOB DESCRIPTION HVAC TECHNICIAN
This position supports Amgen on the Thousand Oaks, CA site within the pharmaceutical industry.
* Assist the Faculties Manager as needed in the development of capital plans which include scheduling for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the buildings future capabilities are maintained.
* Ensure quality requirements for maintained serves are met for equipment with Level 1 classification whether provided by JLL or its subcontractors. Comply with all Client procedures and practices and obtain written approval to contract out work on level 1 equipment from Client prior to starting work.
* Subject to call 24 hours per day and working in all weather conditions required.
* Works, on-call, weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
* Safely maintain the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate safe behaviors. Identify and assess safety hazards and risks. Follow and enforce safety rules. Actively participate in the prevention, mitigation and investigation of safety incidents.
* Maintain cold & warm rooms, chillers, air handling units, exhaust, recirculation & booster fans, split systems, package units, VAVs, compressors, filters, heat exchangers, hot water systems, valves, piping components, actuators, and other equipment as required.
* Lubricate equipment.
* Perform laser alignment of machinery components.
* Perform complex lock-out tag-out of refrigeration and HVAC equipment.
* Perform hot work.
* Perform assembly, light fabrication and machining.
* Test and balance air and hydronic systems for optimal performance.
* Troubleshoot variable frequency drives on refrigeration and HVAC equipment.
* Provide direction to vendor partners as necessary.
* Perform all other maintenance and maintenance-related tasks as directed.
* Participate in taking ownership of the site by owning one or more mechanical rooms and serving to coordinate activities of multiple crafts and vendor partners to ensure that those rooms are properly maintained.
* Conduct visual building rounds and inspections to ensure that building equipment and systems are functioning as designed and at 100% up-time.
* Identify potential problems and make adjustments to correct, or otherwise troubleshoot, formulate and execute solutions for corrective repair.
* Ensure that work requests and other documentation are completed promptly and accurately via effective and efficient use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo).
* Comply with all company policies, procedures and practices.
* Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
* Perform other tasks as directed by management.
* Safety first attitude required. Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and in strict accordance with all applicable safety policies, procedures and practices required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
* Demonstrated aptitude for, and/or practical experience with, thermodynamic, electrical and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment, required
* Ability to systematically identify, analyze and solve maintenance problems required.
* Ability to work in cramped spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc. required.
* Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge or Word, Excel, Maximo, and MS Project
* Knowledge of building systems and equipment reliability
* Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings and use maintenance libraries
* Effective communication skills
* EPA Universal 608 license required.
* Proven record of excellent internal customer service
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and master new skill sets quickly
* Perform the job successfully, and satisfactorily Demonstrated aptitude for, and/or practical experience with, thermodynamic, electrical and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment, required.
* Ability to read and understand technical documents such as operating manuals and architectural/mechanical/electrical/piping drawings required.
* Ability to work effectively as both an individual contributor and valued team member required.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task work assignments required.
* Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office programs, required.
* HVAC Certification preferred.
* Understanding of building and equipment mechanical and electrical systems preferred.
* Experience with computer programming and/or programmable logic controllers preferred.
* Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
* Experience with building automation systems preferred.
* Experience with multi-site building operations preferred.
* Ability to walk a large, campus-like setting, climb stairs, work on a ladder, operate electric hand tools, carry tools, lift
* Knowledge/operation of computers/windows based software systems will be required
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com