Sr. Software Engineer/Analyst* at Odyssey
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Our customer develops and provides assessments of novel technologies and system concepts to advance air traffic system safety and efficiency, and to enable new operations in the national airspace. Odyssey Systems is in need of an Sr. Software Engineer/Analyst for analysis of collision avoidance systems to maintain safety of flight for manned and unmanned aircraft.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Domains: Design and implementation of data analysis tools to evaluate metrics related to safe and efficient aircraft operations, develop and utilize Matlab and C++ simulation tools
* Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern software engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes for Laboratory program managers and technical staff.
* Participate in data analysis efforts
* Must be a U.S. citizen with an Active secret clearance
* PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
* Software/applications: C/C++, Matlab, Simulink
* Strong background in mathematics, Bayesian Statistics, Markov Decision Processes, and Dynamic Programing
* Strong background in Monte Carlo simulations
* Experience with software configuration management.
* Understanding of aviation systems
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, MA
* Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
* Travel: Travel may be expected
* Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.