Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: saint petersburg, Florida
Job Code: 01385-9266
The Food and Nutrition Services Assistant performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
* Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
* Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
* Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
* Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
* May assist with food stocking.
* Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
* Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when needed.
* Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
* Delivers food trays to patient areas.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* 6 months food service experience preferred, previous experience in hospital food services preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.