Secretary Senior- Lynnwood at Central Washington University
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Lynnwood, WashingtonJob Description:
Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 2313
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This position supports the University's mission by independently performing complex secretarial duties for the Regional Director and the Lynnwood University Center and its programs, including compiling reports and data; managing databases; preparing classroom/meeting room schedules; student tuition and fee payments, coordinating office operations; and providing assistance related to multi-faceted quarterly admission and registration processes by helping students and the general public with applications, forms, and other materials requiring knowledge of a variety of University policies and procedures. Position requires attending meetings and events on campus as assigned or requested, and ensuring that Student Ambassadors are staffed and monitored.
- Provides primary secretarial support to the Regional Director. Also supports any academic programs that are supported through the Lynnwood center; Program Directors/ Coordinators; faculty members; and students.
- Independently develops and maintains a variety of reports, as needed by the Regional Director in planning, organization and operation of the Lynnwood center, including budget monitoring materials, processing employee paper work and files requisitions and procard purchases.
- Schedules appointments with Program Directors/Coordinators for potential and current students, assists with any forms or processes to change or maintain academic plans.
- Produce letters, meeting notices and agendas, reports, schedules, test materials, student evaluations, and other documents from rough drafts, notes, or recordings; takes and transcribes meeting minutes.
- Prepares materials for outreach and recruiting events including ordering printing services as needed, and ensures that student ambassadors are staffed, trained and monitored
- Represents the Regional Director and the Center at meetings, events and/or conferences; develops and makes public presentations on program-related topics to recruit new students.
- Coordinates quarterly textbook orders. Acts as liaison between faculty and bookstore. Works with publishers to provide desk copies for faculty if needed.
- Coordinates class room and quarterly final schedules. Acts as a liaison between faculty and academic scheduling.
- Takes pictures and creates spreadsheets to send to Ellensburg (via e-mail) for generation of Connection Cards for staff, faculty, students and student teachers.
- Coordinates the Lynnwood Center's social, digital and print media.
CWU Lynnwood operational support:
- Provides customer service to students, faculty, staff and the general public by phone, email or in-person presenting information regarding University Center programs, and conveying general University information.
- Maintains opening/closing procedures as well as those working with students, prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Proofreads material.
- Processes I-9 and W-4 forms for new employees and faculty.
- Compares data from various sources to identify trends, differences, similarities, etc., including prospective student requests to determine program demand in the community, and in current student requests to determine modification of class offerings and services provided.
- Coordinates and schedules classrooms, meeting rooms and facilities for special events and meetings both internally and the Community College.
- Inputs classroom assignments in MyCWU.
- Assists in University Center events.
- Arranges facility and equipment maintenance; ordering equipment and repair as needed.
- Prepares and submits various reports for billing and accounting purposes as needed.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail. Ensuring timely distribution of documents for Centers and Ellensburg. Prepares and handles mail for FedEx, USPS, and UPS
- Oversees equipment inventory control.
General student support:
- Inform students how to read CAPS and Transfer Credit Reports as needed.
- Updates MyCWU database with address changes, advisor changes, major/minor plans, student groups and campus assignment as needed.
- Uses spreadsheet to prepare Center Class Schedule. Disseminates schedule to students and submits for publication on center website.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of new student orientations including, providing support in organizing transfer advising.
- Establishes and revises student files for academic programs.
- Processes copy request forms by faculty.
- Processes make-up test forms and proctors tests as needed.
- Explains graduation/commencement policies to students and faxes graduation applications to the Registrar's office.
- Processes student registration and non-matriculated and state tuition waiver forms.
- Assists students and faculty in resolving problems with MyCWU and responding to inquiries regarding MyCWU database information.
- Acts as liaison between students and Financial Aid, Counselling, and Academic Advising. Sets up multimodal appointments. Faxes and sends documents as needed. Sends communication to staff, faculty and students when class/center closures occur.
- Inform students on possible major programs and pre-admission requirements.
- Disseminates information regarding tuition and related fees and refund policy.
- Maintains records of incoming and outgoing correspondence regarding Dual Admission applications, including faxing applications and transcripts and following up as needed.
- Prepares packets for new student orientation.
- Represents Center including preparing materials for outreach and recruiting events and meeting with prospective students.
- Other duties as assigned
- Increasingly responsible clerical/secretarial experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Experience and/or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, e-mail and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service including listening to customers, identifying issues, providing options, fulfilling services and exercising knowledge of procedures to assist others
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments, which may involve competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate, of a high quality and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills are essential
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience with financial, human resources and/or student data systems such as PeopleSoft and/or other system(s)
- Fiscal experience, training and/or education that demonstrates the ability to monitor and reconcile budgets, budgeting, payroll, travel, purchasing, compile and interpret fiscal data and provide related reports
- Experience with social media
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2474/month with periodic increases up to $3185/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am-6:00pm (1 hour lunch) Friday 8:00am- 12:00pm / PSE Bargaining Unit 9
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits : CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: July 22, 2018
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Shane Reeder
Title: Regional Director
Website: University Centers
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit.
The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.