Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
The restaurant manager provides leadership at the restaurant level. Manages hourly team members to ensure the consistent execution of quality standards, operating systems, procedures, philosophies, and cultural icons.
• Actively manage adherence to quality standards, operating systems/procedures, and food sanitation & safety regulations/requirements.
• Role model and actively influence the behavior of others to ensure cultural icons are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior guest experience.
• Actively develop hourly staff to support the organization’s talent pipeline and drive growth.
• Ensure facility is properly maintained.
• Represent, support, and protect the brand.
• Assist New Restaurant Openings as required.
• maintain a full and properly trained staff to operate the restaurant effectively.
• Ensure the restaurant is properly staffed for all shifts.
• Actively monitor all service areas (dining room, bar, bakery) to ensure systems are being followed and guests are enjoying their experience.
• Identify operational issues and system breakdowns. Provide feedback to the management team, and take corrective action.
• With management team, manage housekeeping systems and ongoing repair & maintenance programs to properly maintain the restaurant.
• Ensure all inventory processes and procedures are completed accurately.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
• Ensure a safe work and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete incident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
• Facilitate complete and ongoing communication among key stakeholders for all operational issues, concerns, or changes.
People management is part of the gig too…
• Manage the hiring, supervision and development of hourly staff. When necessary, assist employee counseling and corrective action (which may include terminations).
• Ensure complete and proper documentation for all personnel actions (hiring, performance review, etc.).
• Develop hourly staff by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews/conversations.
• Continuously evaluate hourly staff, and actively assist the identification and development of key hourly talent through sponsorship of high potentials. Participate in and support company-provided training and development programs and initiatives.
• Ensure all training materials, schedules and guidelines are being followed.
• Build a culture of transparency and trust in the restaurant through ongoing, direct communication and open two-way feedback with team.
• Monitor restaurant staff morale. Take action to correct breakdowns in employee satisfaction and engagement at the restaurant level.
• Minimum 3 years of management experience in a Sr level role, full service, high volume restaurant .
• Hospitality school background preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
• Has excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Has a high level of organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
• Has the ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads with minimum direction.
• Possesses a high attention to detail and strong follow through
• Is dependable, reliable, and highly motivated
• Is high energy and has strong stamina
• Thrives in a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
• Able to work 10-hour plus shifts
• Able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
• Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed
• Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam, and heat
• Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, presentation and preparation