The Event Center at Plaza Lecea is a unique event venue for social events and business meetings. We offer a full array of integrated Audio/Visual equipment, floor to ceiling windows, spacious dance floor and a breath-taking view of the Texas Hill Country. Plaza Lecea has day and evening packages to suit quinceneras, weddings, sweet sixteen, and a turn-key solution to hosting corporate events.
The Event Center at Plaza Lecea is currently interviewing for a part time Event Center Coordinator that will successfully support clients to manage activities during their event.
The Event Center Coordinator can expect to work from 10 - 15 hours a week. As well as participate in 2 to 4 trade shows and multiple open house events yearly. The flexibility to work weekends, occasional holidays, some weekday evenings, and flex hours when necessary for proper event coverage is required. The ability to interact professionally with all clients (in person, by phone, or email). Communicate with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction. Strong attention to detail and passion for customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides assistance to clients during the event according to an itinerary/schedule.
• Responsible for directing vendors during facilities set-up and assist in managing all event details such as decorating, catering, entertainment, AV equipment, promotional material etc.
• Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot emerging problems on the day of the event. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions in handling incidents at all types of events.
• Establish and maintain strong team relationship with co-workers, custodial, outsourced food vendors, and retail operations.
• Work to bring in tours of the facilities, sell packages in a competitive market, and secure contracts for events.
• Provide administrative support to the Event Center Manager by maintaining vendor and client files, contracts and materials.
• Be proficient at maintaining schedule of events, activities, and meetings.
• Suggest ideas to improve services and event quality.
• Learn and maintain building HVAC automation system, security and building access control software.
• High school diploma or equivalency required
• Preferred a minimum of two years working in a formal business setting and effectively dealing with the public
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Please upload your resume or contact Veronica Saenz at (210) 253-3851 for additional information.