Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next PACKAGING SUPERVISOR in ALLENTOWN, PA.
The Packaging Supervisor will be responsible for day to day management of assigned shift to include safety, quality, efficiency, process execution, and team development. This position will be responsible for in-specification packaging of all high-speed manufacturing production bottling, canning, and/or kegging lines ensuring product is ready on time, as needed for distribution and complete supervision of hourly staff. Supervises operation in accordance with brewery policies and procedures. This role will also include weekly ownership of process improvement for a specific assigned zone.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Must be able to work in and foster a team oriented Safety First environment.
* Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
* Observe and practice safe work methods and ensure 100% compliance with wearing and using the proper PPE
* Ensure product quality standards are met and ensure Only good products leave the brewery.
* Promote Boston Beer culture, values and principles as well as participate in company functions.
People Development & Leadership:
* Strong floor presence and employee-engaging leadership style
* Demonstrate passion and enthusiastically support and drive a high-performance team environment through highly motivated, collaborative, engaged operators and leads.
* Ensure there is regular open and honest, consistent, two-way dialogue to support performance and SAPB culture, values and principles across the brewery.
* Must foster and maintain positive working relationships with others, including teambuilding events.
* Direct Packaging Operators to perform required tasks to ensure quality production of product through proper sanitation, processing and packaging procedures.
* May be required to perform the tasks of a Packaging Operator as needed.
* Participate in interview and selection process.
* Lead the onboarding of hires and participate in operator succession planning.
* Lead preparation and delivery of employee evaluation process and ensure alignment within the spirit of the performance management program, including new hire evaluations.
* Oversee and lead operator training and development plans and initiatives.
* Work with and coach employees to improve performance and close performance issues or gaps.
* Proctor pre-shift meetings daily to express high level information and direct the hourly group through safety, quality, brewing, and material concerns, developments, or obstacles.
Process Adherence & Equipment Ownership:
* Must observe and ensure adherence and compliance with safety/environmental standards/requirements, sanitation standards and GMP guidelines.
* Ensure teams are following processes and projects related to continuous improvement activities, including but not limited to, Lean, Kaizen, Centerline, line visualization, TPM.
* Efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
* Supervise and review performance of direct reports and develop staff professionally and technically to meet goals.
* Lead, develop and monitor all critical control points to ensure consistency and quality.
* Ensure area sanitation and 5S Standards are being followed.
* Responsible for overall coordination for process area (Production, People, Process and Maintenance).
* Monitor production plans and accomplish current and future schedules Identify production-related issues, including process loss and equipment OEE, and make recommendations to bring issues to closure.
* Working with maintenance and reliability teams to improve equipment reliability within process area.
* Ensure compliance to standard and operating procedure through the use of SOPs and checklist or other documentation.
* Ensure adequate backup help and staffing of department
* Knowledgeable on company policies and procedures and administers them in a fair and consistent manner. Including, but not limited to, brewery attendance program.
* Report, investigate and ensure accurate communication of incidents and work-related injuries.
* Accurate and timely reporting of hours worked for payroll purposes.
* Ability to become certified in CPR and First Aid and Forklift Operation.
* Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 2-4 years of proven leadership and supervisory skills/experience.
* 2-4 years experience in manufacturing environment with a history of continued development professionally. In-depth understanding and track record of delivering operational processes that drive safety, quality, cost improvements
* Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Process Improvement and Process Control.
* Strong follow through, communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
* Proven problem solving/conflict resolution skills, be able to think through issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
* Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach.
* Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
* Self-starter, proactive.
* Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
* Ability to successfully motivate and coach others.
* Highly effective multi-tasker, resourceful with a get-it-done, can-do attitude.
* Must practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor and always work in a safe manner.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to endure on a daily basis, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, and crouching.
* Communicate with coworkers by phone and radio. Must carry radio as required.
* Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed. Includes 12 hours shifts which may include weekends and holidays.
* Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold in Production Environment.
* Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed to cover supervisory needs.
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.