Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req ID: 26396
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Responsible for the accurate, timely and complete collection and documentation of patient clinical and financial information in the medical record for DME services. Responsible to work with the interdisciplinary team to obtain all necessary documentation required to ensure services provided are ordered by a physician and requirements for services are rendered. Responsible to communicate and coordinate patient information with all home care disciplines and referral sources as required to provide continuum of care within the CHOP network.
Responsible For Accurate And Complete DME Referrals/reorders To The Home Care Department.
* Responsible to complete initial referral and reorder requirements for DME, including but not limited to; verification of patient benefits and eligibility to ensure current coverage for home care services to be provided, obtaining physician orders, supply order entry, coordination of delivery or pick up timing with the interdisciplinary team, and discharging patients.
* Inform patient/caregiver of their financial responsibility verbally and in writing prior to the start of care for home care services as required
* Responsible for completing all data entry of received information into the home care information system.
* Responsible for hand-off communication of all referrals to the involved home care disciplines as needed.
* Responsible for timely updating of all patient information in the home care information system
* Follows CHOP, CHHC policy and all regulatory and accrediting agency guidelines as it relates to providing home care services
* Performs other duties as assigned by Home Care Management
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High School/GED
Required Experience: At least one (1) year of related health care experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Experience: Two (2) or more years of related health care experience
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Strong Data Entry Skills Preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146