Posted in Health Care 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bradenton, Florida
What we Offer
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long-term speech, hearing, swallowing, and cognitive disabilities in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Screens and evaluates Resident and develops appropriate care plan.
• Under a physician’s direction, provides direct patient / resident treatment based on established plan of care.
• Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
• Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
• Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
• Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
• Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
• Licensed in Speech Therapy as required by state law.
• Certification in clinical competency.
• One year clinical experience preferred.
May supervise Rehab Aides, and others involved in program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Adheres to and oversees communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information. Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of such information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
To apply, please email: email@example.com
See job description