Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Posting Address
40 Waterview Drive
*AC Position Overview
International Tax Senior position reporting to the Tax Director, Global Operations will assist with a wide variety of tax matters, including US and global tax planning, transfer pricing issues and support for international tax policy and U.S. and foreign compliance matters. The ideal candidate will be involved with initiatives to further the short-term and mid-term goals of the Tax Department.
The successful individual will be a high performing professional with general exposure to the international aspects of U.S. taxation, and international tax with an eagerness to develop a skillset in specific tax areas (e.g., transfer pricing, GILTI, FDII, FTCs).
The International Tax Senior will liaise with various members of the Tax Department and business unit personnel globally and internal stakeholders (e.g., accounting, treasury, and legal). The International Tax Senior will continually look to improve current processes and develop new and innovative solutions/strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Majority of the time will be devoted to researching and evaluating U.S. federal income tax and multi-jurisdictional tax issues, transfer pricing and general support for Tax Director of Global Operations.
* Responsibilities include quantitative aspects of US international taxation, such as calculating and maintaining U.S. and non-US tax attributes (E&P, PTI, FTC baskets, GILTI, FDII, etc.) which are foundational for developing and executing strategic tax planning initiatives.
* Monitoring and evaluating global tax policy and changes in tax compliance laws/regulations in all jurisdiction which impact the company, including developments in ATAD, DAC6, etc.
* Support the Tax Compliance and Reporting group with respect to U.S. international or multi-jurisdictional tax issues and/or tax return computations.
* Contribute to the overall goal of the tax department to reduce tax costs and risk worldwide.
* Support evaluating tax impacts of acquisitions and divestitures.
* Assist with annual transfer pricing compliance with opportunity to take on additional responsibilities in managing the project commensurate with subject matter technical development.
* Participate in various other Tax Department projects as designated.
* Interface with outside tax consultants (public accounting and legal tax counsel) and other professional associates in the exchange of tax information.
Skills and Experience
* Advanced degree in taxation preferred. Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent desired;
* 2-4 years of experience in corporate tax;
* General understanding of various U.S. federal and international tax matters;
* Experience with the quantitative aspects of U.S. taxation;
* Demonstrated research and analytical skills, including with respect to new legislation and interpretation
* General understanding of US GAAP income tax reporting standards.
* Prior experience in public accounting or in-house with a large multinational company highly desired;
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.