Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management. Job Summary
As a Systems Engineer in NetApp's Sales function, you are responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing and potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas. Specific responsibilities include:
* Identify customer needs and requirements.
* Define all of the elements of a customer's technical computing environment.
* Answer customer questions.
* Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
* Define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
* Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
* Work with Sales to respond to RFP's.
* Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
* Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
* Exellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
* Account management and project management experience.
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
* Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
* Creative approach to problem solving.
* Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary
Typically requires a Bachelor s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.