Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia
* Ability to review and perform quality checks for damage and non-conforming product
* Perform fast paced duties to ensure machines are fully loaded and properly operational
* Ensures new stock is delivered in a timely manner to keep the machine running and to watch for machine jams.
* Perform in-Process inspections by visually inspecting cartons as they are loaded into the machine.
* Assist the Operator in running quality cartons to customer specifications at the fastest possible speed.
* Visually inspect cartons before feeding to ensure that the proper item is being fed and that there are no noticeably defective cartons being fed.
* Perform checks for all defects, damaged cartons, and mixing. The Feeder should feed by die position whenever possible.
* Facilitate proper positioning of cartons in the feed hopper by fanning out or pre-breaking scores as necessary to ensure that cartons are being pulled through feed properly.
* Reports unsafe conditions to the Operator, Department Manager, or Management Team.
* Assist Operators during machine down time for clean-up and resolution
* Performs other related productions duties as assigned by the Finishing Manager or Management.
* High School equivalent/GED
* Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
* 2 - 5 years of supervisor experience in manufacturing required.
* Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma continuing education preferred.
* Technical and problem solving skills.
* Must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
* Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.