Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Line Attendant prepares products and packaging to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMP's and Safety.
9:00am – 1:00pm M-F
Part-time Status / Restrictions
Participants may not work more than 29 hours/week.
To remain Active, team members must work a minimum of 40 hours in the calendar month. Exceptions will be provided for those who wish to be unscheduled for pre-approved leave as production needs allow.
• Maintain area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
• Prepare, weigh, carry, load, space product.
• Open and rework product.
• Gather, review, and apply labels/stickers/ backer boards.
• Review order specs and assemble boxes.
• Review order specs and pack boxes.
• Inspect Machine E stops to ensure functionality before production starts.
• Quality checks to assure product is packaged according to customer specifications on production sheet (price / label / packaging).
• Directly communicate to line personnel on order specs and quality issues.
• Palletize product.
• Enter data on production reports.
• Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
• Productive use of down time.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare production reports and comprehend production worksheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Ability to promote and model teamwork.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.