Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Concord, North Carolina
The Corporate Counsel provides legal services to S&D Coffee &Tea, Inc. and its subsidiaries. The individual focuses on particular legal areas and specific matters assigned by the Executive Leadership. This position presents an opportunity for a business minded attorney to put their legal knowledge, problem-solving skills, and experience to work in support of the largest custom roaster of coffee and tea in the United States.
* Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex Services and Outsourcing Agreements with customers per company guidelines including Master Outsourcing Services Agreements,
* Professional Services Agreements, and Statements of Work, and NDAs.
* Serve as lead attorney and advisor to Executive management.
* Review and make recommendations on partnership agreements.
* Provide legal guidance on all Mergers and Acquisitions.
* Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial leases, intellectual property agreements to complex strategic partnerships that are critical to the company's growth.
* Create scalable processes and corporate library that can accept high growth.
* Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you will be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
* Working with business, finance, IT, HR, sales and other business units within the company to obtain feedback, understand internal needs and requirements and incorporate the same into inbound or outbound agreements, as appropriate.
* Monitor laws affecting the outsourcing business and have a working knowledge of privacy regulations.
* Support M&A activity through diligence support and involvement in all stages of the transaction, from letter of intent stages through Closing; work with outside counsel to provide necessary company perspective and feedback on M&A transactions.
* Performing other contract and general corporate functions as required.
Handling pre-litigation disputes, working with outside counsel on managing litigation and handling HR matters with selective use of outside counsel.
* Advise the internal team on matters related to labor laws and DOL and employee litigation matters to minimize the risk exposure on a periodic basis.
* Ensure that there is compliance with the current process that is in place to have a central repository for all contracts and tracking of the validity and expiry of all contracts.
* J.D and license to practice law in NC required.
* Minimum 10 years' experience in a large firm or corporate legal department MBA preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite Analytical, well-organized and detail oriented
* A strong background and relevant experience in all aspects of federal, state and local procurement including both contract preparation and transactional negotiation
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Must be able to travel for business as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Vets / Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled