Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Work Days and Expected Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Function: Assists customers with opening loan and deposit accounts. Responsible for achieving individual goals including loan, deposit, and insurance sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Profiles customers to determine and recommend appropriate S&T loan and deposit products.
2. Exercises lending authority within lending limits.
3. Prepares loan applications using Banker Insight software, and either produces loan documents or coordinates loan document preparation.
4. Opens new deposit accounts and produces signature cards, certificates of deposit and other deposit documents.
5. Uses a combination of Service and Trust skills, product knowledge, and knowledge of policies and procedures to suggest additional bank services such as other loan accounts, deposit services, and insurance products. Makes referrals to the trust, discount brokerage and commercial loan departments when appropriate.
6. Follows up on loans and deposit accounts opened, and corrects deficiencies or document exceptions.
7. May call on new and existing customers to generate new business.
8. Maintains a good working relationship with bank employees in other departments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the branch and in turn, the organization.
9. Requires S.A.F.E. Act certification. Proof of registration with the registry and verification of a unique identifier as established under the guidelines of the S.A.F.E. Act is required upon hire and/or must be obtained prior to performing the duties of a Mortgage Loan Originator, as defined by the Act. This registration must be maintained annually in accordance with the S.A.F.E. Act.
10. Performs other duties as assigned, and as necessary to support the successful operation of the branch.
1. A score of 85% or better on the Personal Banker Product Knowledge Test including questions on loan and deposit products, as well as operational, regulatory and compliance details of opening accounts.
2. Successful completion of the Banker Insight Proficiency Test with a score of 85%, which will include navigation and use of the software as a sales tool.
3. Completion of S&T Bank Consumer Lending course with a score of 80% or better.
4. 10 deposit and 6 loan accounts opened per month for 3 consecutive months.
5. Attaining 90% or better on Sales Observations.
Operates a keypad device: 75% of the day. Operates office equipment: 25% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, and elbows. Sitting is required all day in a leaning position. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. Use of manual dexterity skills for typing and data entry up to 40% of the business day. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18”- 20” for computer work 40% of the business day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.