Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Staten Island, New York
The Handyman performs a variety of maintenance services and housekeeping duties according to procedures and safety measures.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Perform a variety of duties in and around buildings and grounds of the institution.
* Assist mechanics and other workers in completing their tasks in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering and electrical repairs.
* Make simple repairs under direct supervision.
* Clean, lubricate, and store maintenance tools and equipment.
* May work with grounds-keeper with mowing, raking, and weeding lawns; sweep walks and shovel snow.
* Clean and service building areas. Move furniture, equipment and supplies in and around buildings. Perform a variety of housekeeping duties to maintain buildings in an orderly and sanitary condition.
* Sweep, mop, wet-wash, and vacuum floors. Periodically polish floors using buffing machine and polish.
* Wash walls, ceilings, windows, and screens.
* Move furniture, gather and dispose of trash, clean lighting fixtures, door frames, and other high places using a ladder as necessary.
* Drive when necessary.
* Transport orders to storage room.
* Pick up bagged soiled laundry and distribute clean laundry.
* Do minor repairs; construct simple items, i.e. stools, benches, chests, etc.
* Inspect all homes daily and report any problems.
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
GED/High School Diploma.
12-18 months experience in the use of unsophisticated tools.
Ability to read and write and follow oral or written instructions.