Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
• Understand the project scope, identify activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks and provide inputs to Module Lead for review.
• Provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
• Review plan and provide feedback on gaps, timeline and execution feasibility etc as required in the project.
• Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams and provide feedback on requirements.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
• Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
• Based on understanding of system upstream & downstream, provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
• Prepare the LLD/ detailed design documents based on HLD and briefing from Module Lead.
• Seek inputs from the developers on specific modules as applicable.
• Consolidate all modules and provide to Module Lead/ Architects/ Designers for review.
• Suggest changes in design on technical grounds.
• Develop components inventory for the code to be developed tying it to the nonfunctional requirements.
• Perform sampling of data to understand the character/ quality of the data (project dependent in the absence of data analyst or designer).
• Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
• Follow coding standards and best practices to develop code and check code quality.
• Share developed code with supervisor for review.
• Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
• Perform complex integration.
• Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
• Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
• Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight / recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
• Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
• Conduct technical troubleshooting.
• Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
• Develop unit test case for each module.
• Conduct/ guide conducting of unit and integration testing and fix defects.
• Review/ approve code to be moved to testing environment.
• Provide support to the QA team and coordinate for various phases of testing.
• Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
• Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
• Raise issues to leads/QA.
• Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
• Share revised code with supervisor for review.
• Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
• Maintain versions of the code or consolidate version maintained by the Developers.
• Provide support as required to the Administrators during configuration, code backups, deployment etc.
• Assess and create deployment/ roll back plan.
• Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right version is checked in.
• Maintain deployment tracker.
• Perform sanity checks post deployment to ensure smooth production.
• Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
• Monitor work of the developers and share work achieved with them.
• Provide guidance through SDLC.
• Provide status of progress to leads.
• In case of change requests, provide inputs on the plan.
Service Support and Maintenance:
Specific to production and maintenance support:
• Provide support for 1 week and hand over to production team.
• Identify if the incoming request is a service request/ defect during the warranty or an incident.
• If it is code defect in the warranty, highlight to Lead and initiate defect fix process.
• Post warranty, support in transition to maintenance team.
• Post release participate in project review call and discuss points on what went well and what didn't.
• Create and update knowledge articles (case studies, lessons learnt) in the knowledge management repository.
• Guide developers in creating such documents.
• Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
• Conduct training through academy or internally within the team.
• Conduct technical, face to face interviews for internal transfer or external hiring.
• Provide feedback on Developers form technical /domain standpoint to the module lead.
|Proficiency Level *
|Amazon Web Services
* Proficiency Legends
|The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
|The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
|The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
|The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.