Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Job Location US-OH-Cleveland
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company s EXPERT technology platform, ERT s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly and with confidence.
ERT Cleveland is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to work on the creation of quality techincal solutions to solve client problems in accordance with governing regulations and ERT policies and processes.
* Design, implement, and test software applications and/or technical solutions as defined in the requirement and functional specifications.
* Create and maintain design documentation in support of software and/or solution development.
* Demonstrate creative thinking and technical problem solving in the development, packaging, and testing software or solutions.
* Successfully manage multiple projects, stakeholders (e.g., users, customers, clients,) and priorities simultaneously.
* Through direct contact or through the Product Manager (or Trial Manager) or other stakeholder representative, seek input, provide support, and maintain a professional relationship with stakeholders on a project-by-project basis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Track changes to all modified source code in version management software.
* Track changes of testing of yet-to-be-released products in the quality tracking software.
* Provide accurate and detailed project time reports, complete assignments within the prescribed timeline, seeking supervision/consultation/assistance in a timely manner.
* Work with others inter- and intra- product line as assigned to:
* Assist in the formal validation of software applications.
* Resolve assigned stakeholder inquiries and requests for product and technical information.
* Resolve testing issues.
* Resolve stakeholder implementation issues.
* Other related projects & tasks as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
* Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with emphasis placed on software development, algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented concepts. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* Two or more years of related software experience.
* Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle and OO/SOA software development methodologies.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
* Knowledge of technical architecture as necessary for development of software.
* Knowledge and experience in any combination of the following:
* .NET Architecture, .NET related technologies and development methodologies.
* Developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC 5 or NET Core 2 or newer.
* Using, deploying or managing Microsoft SQL Server or Mongo
* Developing for iOS or Android mobile platforms using Xamarin, Objective-C/Swift and/or Android SDK.
* Windows and Unix/Linux-based operating systems, web servers (IIS, node.js) and portal technologies.
* Familiarity with source control management concepts; prior use of Git is a plus.
* Prior image-processing experience is a plus (e.g., medical image analysis).
* Prior experience developing video games is a plus.
* Familiarity with a DevOps culture and leveraging a DevOps toolchain (e.g., Polarion ALM, XL Release, GitLab, Katalon Studio, etc.) is a plus.
* Must be computer literate with Google Business Suite or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail and electronic calendar knowledge and abilities.
* Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably within pharmaceutical, medical device or medical imaging is a plus.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills with a strong ability to collaborate in English with teams of research scientists, bioinformaticians, software developers, and external collaborators. Will have frequent interaction with stakeholders, product management, and staff.
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
* Ability to deliver high quality with high productivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.