Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* Req ID: 78031
* Department: Corporate Risk
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Location: St. Paul, MN/Davenport, IA/Bensenville, IL
* Country: United States
* % of Travel: 50-60%
* # of Positions: 1
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 04/14/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Instructor Training is responsible for delivering training for their client group as identified in the training plan. They also are responsible to ensure training results for courses they provide are entered into TRMS. The Instructor Training is accountable to the Manager Technical Training and operates within the context and prescribed limits.
This position can be based out of either St. Paul, MN; Davenport, IA or Bensenville, IL.
* Accountable for the delivery of training for their client group in support of the business strategies and performance improvement targets for Operations;
* Accountable for identifying course revisions based on policy or procedure changes;
* Accountable to assist in the development of training plans and to deliver training as identified in training plans;
* Accountable to enter training records into TRMS for courses provided to client groups;
* Deal with emerging training issues for their client group;
* Provides technical support for their client groups.
* Knowledge in collective agreement issues with respect to training;
* In-depth experience in client group s work (Engineering) and ability to train in other client groups;
* Understanding of Adult Education Principles;
* Understanding of Instructional Design;
* In-depth knowledge of TRMS system;
* In-depth knowledge in technical subjects being taught;
* The ability to apply business knowledge to area of accountability;
* Facilitation Skills;
* Interpersonal skills with client groups and unions;
* Presentation and Management skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Employer Funded Retirement Plan
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Performance Incentive Program
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
* Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Reference check
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history
* Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.