Install, maintain, troubleshoot/repair, and perform preventive maintenance for equipment throughout the facility. Utilize equipment manuals, blue prints, diagrams, schematics, and verbal instruction to repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and combustion equipment, devices, and components. Efficiently inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, repair, and return equipment to production. Maintain the machinery to a good working status, to enable maximum output.
Maintain a safe and clean working environment including safe tools and work practices, maintaining and installing guarding, and electrical safety.
Perform Lock-out Tag-out procedures.
Comply with all environmental policies and procedures.
Complete all work orders consistent with the customer's expectations (production) and the Maintenance Supervisor's expectations while continuously striving to improve our position as a World-Class Manufacturer.
Utilize PC's and laptops to input, monitor, and complete work orders.
Utilize the LAN/Internet to read technical documents and research components.
Initiate improvements to increase equipment OEE and uptime.
Facilitate the installation of new equipment
Participation in various plant improvement programs, including but not limited to:
RCI Lean Events
Health and Safety Events
Work with various teams to rebuild and improve existing equipment and processes.
Ab ility to interact with various departments on numerous coexisting projects.
Must be self-motivated and perform under well stressful conditions.
Must possess interpersonal skills allowing for interaction with management and shop-floor employees.
Must attend work on a daily basis and perform heavy bending, lifting, and twisting.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Four-year Mechatronics Technician apprenticeship or equivalent training and minimum of 4 years direct mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
• Must make the required scores on the specified NOCTI assessment for this position.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, piping, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and control systems.
• Ability to use precision measuring tools, electrical test equipment, and laser alignment equipment.
• Ability to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical schematics, and blue prints.
• Ability to use PC, using Microsoft Windows applications.
Additional Experience Desired • Experience welding/fabricating utilizing stick, gas, heli-arc, mig, and tig welding applications. • Experience troubleshooting PLC and CNC controlled equipment. • Experience maintaining gas burners, combustion systems, and thermal components for heat processing systems.