Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Req ID: 94929
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Java/Apache Kafka Developer to join our team in San Leandro, California (US-CA), United States (US).
Remote work option is available due to Covid-19 with expectation that this position will relocate to office location at a later stage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits within the development team while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
* Facilitate the agile development process through daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings.
* Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
* Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
* Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
* Research and evaluate a variety of software products and development tools.
* Experience with Confluent Kafka components (Connect, Schema Registry, KsqlDB)
* Demonstrated OO design skills and familiarity with GOF/J2EE design patterns
* Proven communication skills, both written and oral
* Familiarity with all facets of SDLC - ranging from inception to deployment
* Hands-on experience with unit testing frameworks like JUnit or TestNG
* Preferred Skills
* Real-time dashboards (Grafana, Kibana. Elastic etc)
* Experience in MongoDB
* Prior experience with Apache Camel is a PLUS
* Prior experience with large scale Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) implementations
* Prior experience with Oracle database is a PLUS
* Prior experience with Unix/Linux, Maven and Git is a PLUS
* 8+ years hands on experience in Java/J2EE/Spring
* 3+ years hands-on experience in developing applications using Kafka (Architecture) and other messaging systems
* 3+ Working experience with Kafka Client APIs (Producer, Consumer, Streams)
* 2+ years of Real-time Data pipelines/Streaming in distributed env.
* 2+ years of Configuration and fine-tuning of Kafka for optimal production performance
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or related field
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.