Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers. Key Responsibilities
* Develops, maintains, and improves all of the company's product safety and hazmat processes, metrics, training, reports and documentation.
* Manages the review and approval process for new products and changes to existing products for compliance with applicable product safety standards, hazardous goods and other regulations.
* Identifies changes in product safety rules and practices to ensure that the company's products remain in compliance with product safety requirements and effectively communicates pertinent regulatory changes and gaps to the Systemax executive team.
* Create, lead, optimize and monitor the product safety database in which Product Safety incidents are logged.
* Provide expert guidance to company on the proper process, procedure and documentation for the shipping, handling and storage of hazardous materials to ensure compliance.
* Assists with customer inquiries regarding product safety.
* Conducts investigations into product safety and Hazmat process/system gaps and issues.
* Reviews and approves product label instructions and warnings.
* Supports other departments within the company with product safety and hazardous related needs.
* Develops relationships, manages and works with external product safety testing labs, hazard waste disposal companies, Chemtrec, emergency response contract, 3rd party vendors and universal waste collection service contracts.
* Leads the company's cross functional product safety committee, including meetings.
* Develop and maintain HazMat internal training documents, including course material and training records, and conduct training programs as required. Arrange for periodic compliance audits of Company hazmat policies and procedures
* Work with Information Technology and multi departmental teams, to create systems that will allow Global industrial to effectively maintain environmental health and safety compliance.
* Working knowledge of IFC. NFPA, 29 CFR, 40 CFR, 49 CFR and comparable Canadian and EU, regulations. Additionally, train others on these subjects Competencies and skills
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in safety or regulatory related studies. Professional certifications a plus. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* Minimum 4 years' experience in Product Safety and/or storage and shipping of hazardous materials
* Knowledge of classification of stock keeping units for GHS, DOT, OSHA and storage regulations and comparable Canadian requirements.
* Background in product safety management
* Strong Project Management Skills
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to prioritize
* Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
* Self-driven and able to manage multiple and changing priorities with little direction and supervision
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Smart Sheets
* Ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently. EEO/AA Statement
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.