Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
COMPANY: FedEx Logistics
JOB TITLE: AF010: CIL Material Handler (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm)
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC292287
TIME TYPE: Full Time
JOB TYPE: Regular
PRIMARY JOB POSTING LOCATION:
5025 Tuggle Rd
Memphis, Tennessee 38118
POSTING DATE: 2020-10-15
JOB POSTING END DATE: 2020-10-31
This position is responsible for performing routine and some non-routine tasks involved in the receiving, stocking, and shipping of material. Performs these tasks in a warehouse, cross dock, or production support environment. Ensures safe and legal handling of regulated materials for all inbound and outbound shipments; including proper separation, palletizing, loading and storage. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares material for final shipment. As required, lifts heavy items manually or with assistance. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision.or with assistance. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision.
* Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
* May require the operation of banding, wrapping, packaging, or cleaning equipment
* May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
* Requires PIT certification/license for periodic use of PIT equipment
* May require the use of manual or powered pallet jacks
* Requires the operation of powered lift trucks and/or floor sweepers
* May require the loading/unloading trailers
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Ability to gain FedEx Forward Depots forklift certification (required)
All education must be verified and accredited by the Department of Education
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS
* Ability to work in team environments
* Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
* Contributes to a safe working environment
* Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
* Ability to complete all basic and re-currency regulatory training as required
* Ability to perform the spill clean-up function as required
* Ability to read and understand current regulatory manuals and current regulations and prepare shipments per regulatory requirements in a timely manner.
* May be required to obtain Load - T-stacking certification in certain locations
* May be required to obtain CAN inspection certification in certain locations
* May be required to pick, pack, ship and/or handle dangerous goods periodically.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
* May frequently lift or move materials with an average weight of 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
* May periodically lift or move materials weighing over 50 lbs. with assistance
* May be exposed to extreme climates
* May require prolonged standing and walking
This position work location will be 5025 Tuggle Rd Memphis, TN 38118
Flexible Shift, Based on Business Needs
Some Overtime May Be Required Based On Business Needs
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about \\"Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.\\"
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.