Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Northside Gwinnett Medical Center is setting a new standard of excellence in Healthcare. Come and join our team and be proud to serve the Northeast Atlanta Community. This position is responsible for receiving patients, completes the registration process in various systems, obtain required consents, verifies insurance and obtains required insurance precertifications/authorizations, requests for payment from patients. and explains the hospital payment policies.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED,
* Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy, have a sense of responsibility, professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to customer service.
* Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; experience in hospital financial counseling and/or insurance verification (hospital or physician office experience) preferred;
* Must be able to work calmly and rationally in stressful situations.
* Must be able to type 25 WPM w/97% accuracy.
College degree preferred.
Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) preferred.
Other Information Department: PREAUTH - STAFF
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 9:15a-5:45p (M-F)
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No.
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.