Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Panduit is always looking for talented, motivated people who have the skills needed to provide solutions to our customers. We value team players who in their jobs can help us build a better Panduit and continually deliver value to our global customers.
Perform all Production Technician and below job responsibilities, where applicable. Other responsibilities include set up, start up, operate, troubleshoot and shut down advanced technology processes and equipment, while working towards completing work orders. Position requires very high levels of technical skill sets and ability to perform specialized manufacturing processes, including advanced practices, procedures, concepts, or principles. Consistently apply lean tools and techniques to identify and solve operational problems and measurable improve processes. Must have good leadership skills and provides training for all levels of technology processes. Has the knowledge and skill sets to execute across multiply advanced technologies within the department. May be working towards approximately 25% of the next level leadership development requirements to achieve the next level.
This is a Monday-Friday evening shift 2:48pm-10:48pm.
• Set up & troubleshoot Flexographic printing presses and related production equipment and processes of advanced technologies. (40%)
• Start-up, operate, maintain, and shutdown multicolor Flexographic printing presses and related production equipment of advanced technology equipment and processes, to perform make ready tasks. (30%)
• Work in conjunction with engineering to perform system effectiveness evaluation. Involved with writing area manufacturing and employee related procedures and training materials. (15%)
• Resolve quality issues that occur in production and communicate unresolved and/or questionable product quality to appropriate supervision and/or quality personnel. (10%)
• Actively involved in the identification and elimination of waste associated with all area machines and related production equipment and processes. Complete A3's for improvement ideas and participates in Kaizen events to resolve issues. (5%)
Education & Experience:
Required Degree: High school education or GED equivalent (US) or country equivalent.
Experience: 5+ years of related manufacturing experience. Experience with Flexographic Press is preferred, not required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Proficiency is required in a specialized field involving the understanding and application of advanced practices, procedure, concepts or principles. 5 years of experience may be required, plus education or ability and professional/technical training of at least a year (additional years of high level experience may however be substituted for this training).
• High levels of coordination required in using specialized equipment and hand tools or delicate equipment.
• Understands advanced technology machines, assemblies, tools, and processes, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance. Observes advanced equipment operations, so that malfunctions and other abnormalities are detected. Ability to troubleshoot advanced equipment as needed. Picks up on technical and mechanical products and processes quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge; is adept at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge; operate equipment using hand/eye coordination.
• Ability to solve intermediate and some complex arithmetic problems including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions. Understand and interpret graphs, conversions, and ratios. Ability to calculate intermediate to semi-complex formulas and plot data. Understand basic and complex concepts of units of measurement: units, length, volume, and weight. Proficient with calculator and standard measuring tools. Understands the accuracy and completeness of process data. Is able to collect appropriate data to discern inaccurate/incomplete information to make corrections to resolve the problem.
• Ability to examine specialized job orders to determine details such as quantities to be produced, production times, product specifications, colors, and color sequences.
• Considerable levels of visual examination, concentration, and precision over relatively long durations of time. Minimal levels of fatigue sustained through working at relatively high speeds, with very small/delicate parts, and/or working to tight deadlines or specific standards.
• The role requires the frequent exercise of independent judgment in solving problems with only general guidance available in the shape of established practices and precedence
Work Shift Evening (United States of America)