Posted in Nurse 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mission Viejo, California
The Orthopedic Navigator is a registered nurse responsible for the coordination of patient care from pre-admission thru discharge. Coordinates the pre-admission process to ensure the patient assessment is completed according to hospital standards; notifies the physician with abnormal clinical findings, educates patient and family/significant other on the hospital experience including preadmission and post discharge planning, implements, coordinates, and monitors and evaluates care options, services and resources; and proactive in finding ways to enhance the patient experience clinically and in service in order to provide an exceptional patient experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities: List the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have critical thinking skills, be able to problem solve independently and work well in a team environment.
· Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, time management, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures and infection control, ability to follow instructions, compliance with regulatory guidelines and rules, have a positive, can-do, proactive attitude.
· Have current orthopedic experience in the surgical out-patient arena or hospital-based care.
· Be familiar with community resources and hospital processes, structure and function.
· Have strong knowledge of orthopedics, surgery, out-patient resources and coordination of services, musculo-skeletal system and physiology.
· Detail oriented, strong documentation skills, clinically astute.
· Be comfortable with technology and innovation.
· Have the ability to carry clinical and technical skills across various clinical situations, not necessarily just orthopedics/surgical. Have a strong knowledge of pathophysiology.
· Understands and is able to coordinate a variety of care providers and schedules to maximize the patient and family experience.
Minimum Position Qualifications: List the minimum qualifications required for this position:
u Education: BSN
u Experience: Two (2) years acute care experience.
u License / Certification: Current California license as registered nurse, in good standing. Current BLS for healthcare provider through AHA prior to employment.
Preferred Position Qualifications: List the preferred qualifications required for this position:
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Dignity, Service, Excellence and Justice translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As non-profit acute care facilities, we serve all of south Orange County. Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury. Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program. Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care. We are a member of the St. Joseph Health System, one of only 12 winners worldwide of the Gallup Organization's Great Workplace Award, which recognizes an 'extraordinary ability to create an engaged workplace culture'; we've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.