Operating Engineer / Console Operator at Invista S.a.r.l
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Victoria, Texas
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA, owner of the STAINMASTER®, LYCRA®, COOLMAX® and CORDURA® brands, is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about 70,000 of those in the United States.
The Operating Engineer / Console Operator (OECO) provides input to and drives the execution of the Production Plan and leads the culture advancement in alignment with Market Based Management and our Guiding Principles. The OECO is responsible for building the technical capabilities of the shift and area teams. The OECO will ensure parameters are maintained within our defined Operating Envelope to deliver safe reliable operations and optimum energy/raw material conversion while producing the most cost-effective quality product that meets the Production Plan. The OECO will also understand the current health and capability of their unit while working with the Site Shift Manager and production planning team to meet the needs of the Business.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Understand and comply with regulatory requirements
- Understand and manage a risk profile that is aligned with the Site’s expectations for superior EHS performance
- Challenge any non-compliant behavior or situation; stop, think, ask
- Flawless execution of safe work practices
- Report any EHS incidents to Supervisor
- Own and track environmental limits for their area
- Drive Coordination of the team including Reliability Field Operators (RFOs), Contractors, and Lab Technicians toward the execution of the production plan
- Challenge activities that put the Production Plan at risk – planned or unplanned events
- Operate the process within specified limits and drive performance against operating constraints
- Look ahead and anticipate needs over the next week for routine activities and over the next 12 months for critical reliability events.
- Utilize tools such as SAP and Operator Task Scheduler to manage tasks
- Participate in the development of contingency plans that minimize the 2nd and 3rd order affects
- Understand unit constraints and initiate action to resolve issues
- Develop and monitor performance trends in Aspen and IP21
- Analyze data to determine the best course of action to prevent or minimize the impact of events
- Develop improvement ideas, test authorizations, and MOC to maximize value creation
**SPONSORSHIP IS NOT BEING OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION**
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering OR completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering by May 31, 2018.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2 years of experience working as a Chemical Engineer in the petrochemical industry
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience
- Process modeling and trending (ASPEN) experience
- Experience in process hazard analysis (PHA)
- Understand basic thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and pump curves
- Experience tuning loops and control valves
- Experience in leading and participating in RCA
- Understand mass balance calculations
- Experience with the Honeywell Experion DCS System
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions
- Ability to work a 12- hour rotating shift or day shift as business needs dictate
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to access elevated platforms by ladder (including egress), access multiple floors of open structures by stairway (including egress)
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf