Assistant Program Director at Harvard University
Posted in Professional Services 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director, Program Delivery, directs & manages an assigned and limited group of programs under the close supervision of a Senior Director. Programs will include a mix of both multiple and single session open enrollment and contract programs.
Responsible for leading all aspects of assigned programs, including coordinating faculty effort, ensuring participant satisfaction, managing operational staff, and achieving financial targets.
General Purpose: To ensure that Executive Education programs are delivered with excellence
Program management/operations responsibilities:
Represents the Kennedy School and Executive Education to faculty and program participants; is prepared and professional in public presentations and meetings; organizes reports and data for faculty chair(s) and senior director of program delivery.
- Reviews, enhances and implements existing marketing and outreach strategies; coordinates with marketing team. Strategy may include direct mail, conference participation, third party funding relationships, recruiting meetings, and/or sales visits to target groups. Develops sales skills and strategies by working closely with the Senior Director.
- Develops strong working relationships with faculty chair; staffs faculty chair for program activity as appropriate; keeps faculty chair informed of all major program related activity and/or decisions
- Manages all aspects of admissions and enrollment process, including admissions decisions, and fellowship award decisions. Oversees communication strategy and processes with prospective participants.
- Informs senior director of program delivery of program status - enrollment, program highlights, participant issues, performance vs. targets, etc.
- Directs program operations, including all aspects of logistics, faculty relationships and curriculum development; takes lead in anticipating and resolving issues in collaboration with senior director of program delivery.
- Manages staff assigned to program; ensuring a high level of professionalism, teamwork and focus on customer service. Reviews staff work; completes program staff evaluations. Assists in the professional development of more junior staff.
- Establishes the overall timeline for the program, and ensures that all tasks are completed as needed - coordinating the efforts of faculty, staff, and supporting units both within and outside Exec Ed.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and focus on customer service within the program team. Seeks to exceed participant expectations whenever possible.
- Exercises financial management and oversight of assigned programs. Develops program budgets; strives to achieve financial goals. Responsible for program spending, including faculty compensation, catering charges, etc. Approves staff overtime. Responsible for collection of unpaid tuition. Identifies and troubleshoots any problems as quickly as possible with Financial Unit
- In the case of contract programs, works with Finance Unit to develop and implement formal agreements with clients, based on standard contracting methodology.
- Fulfills all required reporting processes, including financial reconciliation and the Program Review & Outlook (PRO) process. Tracks and complies with any external reporting requirements; for example, with third party payers.
- Contributes to program and department improvements.
Bachelor's degree plus 3 years directly related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.