Air Handler Controls Engineer at Liebert Corporation
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The controls engineer is responsible for customer deployment of large air handling control and sensor systems. This position requires a customer focused attitude with the technical knowledge to speak in depth about sequence of operations and good control practices within the data center. In addition to coding and testing, responsibilities include understanding and improving customer’s control operation; troubleshooting; managing the integration to Building Automation System within the data center space.
- Working knowledge of various control systems within the data center
- Hardware equipment (PLC’s, embedded controls, temperature / humidity sensors)
- Software applications (SCADA, Building Management Systems and Communication Drivers)
- Involved in all aspects of controls lifecycle for client engagements including requirements specifications, hardware selection, software development, software testing, commissioning and support.
- Ability to apply local control systems to a variety of cooling systems including DX, CW and evaporative technologies
- Authors technical requirements that can be used by external contractors and internal manufacturing personnel
- Provides technical advices to consultant engineers for control applications, instrumentation and industry best practices
- Authors sequence of operation documents.
- Authors end user documentation, such as Users Manuals.
- Support technical onsite personnel with commissioning and implementation of customers desired control strategy
- Interfaces with clients, subcontractors and consultant engineers to solve issues and problems to satisfaction of the client
- Works with Sales to provide Controls submittals and other Sales related material.
- Ability to travel up to 40% for onsite customer support, training and commissioning
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Controls or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in implementation of Controls Systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience with troubleshooting controls, sensors and field wiring
- Experience with HMI’s (human machine interfaces)
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including Modbus, BACNet,
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills